Things to take into consideration
after producing the first story
1. Don't get overwhelmed by the amount of footage you have to film and take time to check the camera's settings before filming (mike is on, iso is in the correct position, no background noise can be caught)
2. BACKUP your files or do not delete them from the card until your finished or else you might have to re-film
3. If you work with more than one camera on the same location check that they both have the same settings and the image looks similar (lightning wise)
4. Always ask the people participating in your vid if there is something else that they personally would like to add, you might be surprised what they have to say or do!
5. If your computer is kind of full, edit your video with an external disk so in the editing process the amount of film doesn't slow down your mac and it is way more efficient!
last but not least: Don't rush and if you can film more footage than you need because some shots don't turn out as you have planned and then the editing process becomes very hard as you can find yourself 'working with what you have' instead of really good clips.