Lets take your regular workday and poke holes in it. Answer these questions in your mind; I’ll do so too.
2. How do you wake up? IPhone alarm clock.
3. What do you wear? Confortable, school-appropriate outfit chosen the night before: that usually consists of a shirt, shorts and sneakers.
4. What do you eat for breakfast? For me, that’s simple: orange juice first, eggs, bread, casually coffee.
5. What do you do after breakfast? Wash my teeth and face (hopefully you do too.)
6. What will you take with you? Backpack (check), phone (check), lunch box (check!).
7. What do you do right after that? Bus picks me up at exactly 7:45, so I must be downstairs-and-ready at 7:40 sharp! #Runrunrun!
So…lets admit it, we all dance to the day. In many ways, we do live in the present! Like choreography almost, we barely think on our early-morning moves and their following; we have our day-to-days over practiced, and could get our way with them blindfolded--It’s a neat unconscious thing we do, isn’t it?
What if you had no battery for your phone to ring, three different toothbrushes, six outfit alternatives, a buffet for breakfast and varied your transportation methods every day?
I’m part of one, actually, it’s called BlendZ.
Primarily, it’s the lack of work equity--where there’s a weekly demand for ads--that we don’t respect our roles completely; we help out where it’s’ most needed. As a consequence, the website (even though Babi has done some amazing stuff with it) remains a ghost to our costumers. For this reason, alike, we still haven’t innovated with BlendZ signs, cups, or even—why not—wristbands! It's ultimately because we have no set SYSTEM that we are arriving to class every Monday, devising a completely novel campaign, and...just when we’ve done THAT, we start producing. We have the time, yes, but we're not making the most of it.
1. Themes will be a constant every week. Mondays--regular sale, Thursdays—Fresh thought thirstdayZ. This will cut down the brainstorming load for Babi, allow us to reuse past content, and leave space to advertise the financial and service aspects of our company.
2. We will create a team wide Google-doc with all the upcoming events. Far more organized than word-of-mouth requests from all the Blendzers.
3. We’ve reconstructed our department:
- Stangle - merchandising
- Babi - short-term ads
- DD (that would be me…) - long-term videos/campaigns.
The short/long-term division will give us all more independence and maximize our position in the company.
4. Last, but certainly not least: ads and media will be stored on the drive every Friday. This will make new content accessible for anyone in the business to use.
After all, that’s how we’ve operated out of the work place all along.