Today's film trip, that actually didn't take me anywhere outside the city was in-fact a long and unexpected journey.
First of all, after filming one of the most worthy interviews at Grimanessa's, the files deleted from the SD card--huge deal. I was also behind because, as we've learned, it doesn't only take networking to schedule an interview. One of my target interviewee's, Vannia Masias, which had a compelling entrepreneurial story, sadly, didn't answer. Though I tried to link to her from different contacts, (nephews who attend school and two aunts who know her personally) she didn't respond. Both of these pushback’s can make you "loose time"... IF, you let them.
In economics we learned that people who are more successful, or "richer" as you might call it, are the people who are more productive--who do more THINGS in less time. In fact, American's are in such a great position because they are more efficient and create more with the resources and time they are given. This applies to this project completely, and in the moment I realized that the clock was ticking past me and I wasn't producing in the pace I had proposed, it ALL became clear.
After filming cushion shots around Lima, experimenting behind the highest mountain in Casuarina's (which separates the developed city with the asentamiento humano), I also divided some time to visit the market; a common target place for women in middle/low class to start a business
I found Diana, a charismatic woman who had started a flower company two years ago and did amazing but she actually didn't have enough time for the lengthy interview I was pointing for. So, the market was nothing near a waste of time because after shooting around and experiencing the daily routine these women have in order to make an income, meeting Diana inspired me also to look for Carola.
So, you might be wondering, who is Carola?
Accomplishments of the day:
1. cleaned laptop and made space for extra files
2. Casuarinas asentamiento shots
3. Diana's brief story (more stories the better when supporting any barrier)
4. Arranged interview with Carola the flouriest
5. Passed all footage to external hard drive
1. Carola's story -interview (thursday)
2. fisheye shot of Carola's buissness
3. fisheye shots of Zandra Plevisanni's la bodeguita (mantaining the structure between stories)
4. finish cleaning research and separating valueable facts into four barriers (wednesday)
5. IF POSSIBLE: repetition of Grimanessa's interview (thursday)
6. possible interview with another bank (thursday)
7. intro cushion footage for each barrier (lack of capital-piggy bank breaking, empty pockets, education- people leaving university, school's rasing their hands, legal work-paper's stamping) (thursday)